Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Fred, Red and Esme Go International




Last night (or was it this morning) two of my students and I met with a class of English language students from West Java, Indonesia. The teacher, AnnaFarida Maggiore, and I met at the International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) headquarters in Second Life several months ago. Thank you ISTE for another fabulous connection.

It was 10 am Thursday in West Java and a sleepy 11 pm Wednesday in eastern US when Fred, Red and I met up with Anna and her students. Some were confident, others tentative and all the children were enthusiastic to introduce themselves and ask us questions. I could not stop grinning. The technology has its problems. Voice crackled and teleporting didn't work. But there we were, thousands of miles and half a day a part, and yet together!
West Java
Southern Vermont and Western Massachusetts

Check out Anna's post to see her in action with her students.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thank you, Esme. After the class, my students kept talking about "super teacher" visiting our class :-D